Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Eve--Recap

Christmas Eve was such a nice night for us this year, there was no pressure in things we 'had' to do or places we 'had' to be. It was just a relaxing time at home just the 3 (well 4 if you count Bella) of us. Christmas Eve day time was spent doing some cleaning and a last minute run to the grocery store (pesky items like milk, bread and eggs...oh and pie!). Otherwise it was very low key.



I also had been putting off making Bella and Bennett's stockings. I made Bryan and I's last year and since Bella was still with my parents last Christmas I hadn't made her's yet. So I had to sew their stockings and get them finished, nothing like procrastinating til' the day before they are needed!! But they got done, and looked good so that is what matters!



I made Chicken Enchilada soup, rolls and we skipped dessert because the soup was so good we were stuffed! We even drank some good ole fashioned wine sparkling red grape juice (I still can't stomach real wine lol).
as you can see we were getting Santa's letter ready!

Bryan gave me a Christmas present early, and it was a copy of my very own Christmas Vacation!! Now we have it on Blu-Ray and it's not a crappy picture from the 80's!


We also gave B some new Christmas pajamas and the story book The Night Before Christmas. After baths we curled up in bed to read. 

Reading The Night Before Christmas
After the story was finished we decided to do a little 'Santa Tracking' on Norad, just to see where Santa was at...
Okinawa is the little island in the middle of the black with a present on it!


Bryan and I got everything ready for Christmas morning 'Santa' aka Bryan ate the cookies and milk that Bennett left for Santa, and we placed his Santa gift out and finished filling stockings. Then Bryan and I cuddled up on the couch and enjoyed Christmas Vacation.

B in his new jammies with his milk and cookies for Santa!

It was such a great night, and even though we didn't get to spend it with family we still had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment