Friday, December 28, 2012

Bennett is 5 Months



Bennett is FIVE months old as of today! Seriously this is going way too fast for me, I don't understand how time used to go so slow and now that we have a baby time is just flying by. I wish I had the superpower to make time stand still, so I could keep B at this age longer. I am definitely NOT wishing time away or for time to hurry up by no means!

This month B's stats are:
Weight: right around 19 pounds!!!!!! (we don't go back to Dr. til' 6 months to get a for sure weight)
Length: 25 1/2 inches long
Clothes: he actually as of this morning is fitting in 6-9 months and some 3-6 month still, but mostly 6-9 months.
Shoes: some 2 otherwise 3 mostly I think he is going to be tall like Bryan's side of  the family!
Diapers: size 3

This past month has been a busy one for B, he has learned so many new things and has grown so much (as you can tell by the huge increase in weight this month!). B is eating right about 4-5 bottles a day and they are usually 7-8oz. However this past week I think he hit a growth spurt, because in a 2 hour span he ate 15oz! He has also been napping more this past week, which I have been told is a sign of a growth spurt? Not sure but either way he is growing like a weed...fast!

Bennett is still sleeping in our room, he is sleeping about 10-11 hours a night still which is awesome! I am so extremely happy that B is such a good night time sleeper! Bryan and I haven't decided on when we will move Bennett into his nursery, for now I can't bare the thought of him not being in there with us. However I do know that eventually he needs to make the transition at some point and preferably before our next baby is born HA!

This past month Bennett celebrated his first Christmas (I have another post about that), it was such a fun day and we know he won't remember it, but we will so we wanted to make it special for him! B also had his first babysitter this month as well! Bryan and I had Bryan's squadron holiday party so B went to the babysitter, I was so nervous about it and for the whole 3 hours we were gone I worried. It was a nice night and we were able to get dressed up (I even got my hair and makeup done!) and go out by ourselves which we hadn't done in almost 5 months! Bennett did pretty well, I guess he did cry for a little bit but I expected that, and they didn't call us to come and get him so I guess it was a success! 

Bennett hasn't quite mastered the rolling over yet, but I think it's because he likes to lay on his side so much! He does get 'over' just not all the way because then he stops and just lays there and giggles, I'm not sure how much longer it will be before he rolls over all the way. He does the side roll both ways though and loves to just lay there and watch us or tv or his little musical thing. He is also a side sleeper, he LOVES to sleep on his side and will roll to his side no matter where he is sleeping.

Sitting up is coming along, B loves to sit in his bumbo (although he does try to get out of it by arching his back), his little walker thingy and his activity sitting thing. He also is trying to mastering the sitting up with out help. I really think his head size is holding him back...the doctor even called him a bobble head! It's nothing serious and it's nothing wrong, it's just he has a very round large head and will eventually grow into it. But for now I think it just weighs a lot!

Now for B's 5 month pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment