Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bennett...ONE month old



How is it possible that our little tiny baby is already ONE month old? Wasn't I just pregnant, and didn't I JUST give birth to him? I can't understand how fast this last month has flown by. Seems unreal to me. Also when I think that in just 11 short months he will be  one YEAR old, I actually start to tear up. I just can't even let myself think about that! I don't want him to grow up so fast!!! I want him to stay my little tiny baby forever...but I know that's not possible, so we better savor every day with him as a tiny baby NOW.

Stats:

Weight- 8.0lbs (according to our scale, no dr. appt til 2 month check up)

So what has mister Bennett been up to in his FIRST month of life:

- Already *almost* a pro at holding his head up on his own, seriously strong neck muscles for a wee one!
- Very alert when he is awake and loves to look around and see what is all around him.
- Loves to watch tv (I think he likes the colors moving, does this sound bad? I like to keep the tv on during the day just as a noise in the background but when I put him in his bouncy seat he loves to stare at it...I may use this as a 'distraction' for him so I can do dishes or laundry).
- Now drinks 4oz bottles every 3-4 hours, sometimes he only takes 2-3oz...but still eats every 3-4 hours.
- Has already been to the Ocean! We put his toes in the East China Sea when he was just 16 days old! He was not a huge fan of the water!
- Visited one of Okinawa's most toured sites...the Shuri Jo Castle.
- Has been through his FIRST typhoon and slept through most of it! Typhoon Bolaven paid our little island a HUGE visit over the weekend and that is how we celebrated Bennett's 4 weeks of life! (you may have heard about our typhoon we made CNN news and Yahoo News!)
- Goes through about 15-18 diapers a day...just makes more laundry for mama 
- Has met Grandma and Grandpa Howard and Aunt Jenni; and spent 2 weeks with them.
- Already had his FIRST ER visit...not a fun time for Mommy and Daddy!
- Loves to ride in the car, and usually falls asleep once we get moving, however he does NOT like to be in his car seat but calms down once we start driving!
- Loves to be 'worn' I have a few wraps, slings that I wear and he loves to be carried in them.
- and the most exciting one...SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!! Bennett goes down for the night around 11pm-1am and then sleeps til' 7am (usually)! I will definitely count that as sleeping through the night!!!

Bennett doing his favorite thing...sleeping in his bouncy chair, I figured this was very fitting for his monthly picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment